vrijdag

LONGLASTING INSPIRATION 2

Scott Schuman  The Sartorialist 
I started The Sartorialist simply to share photos of people that I saw on the streets of New York that I thought looked great. When I worked in the fashion industry (15 years), I always felt that there was a disconnect between what I was selling in the showroom and what I was seeing real people (really cool people) wearing in real life.
Before The Sartorialist I worked in sales and marketing for high-end women’s designer collections like Valentino and distribution companies like Onward Kashiyama, which at that time represented designers like Helmut Lang and Jean-Paul Gaultier. Eventually I opened my own showroom specializing in sales and press for young designer collections like James Coviello and Peter Som. I loved the challenges of merchandising, promoting and brand building for a new designer. Working on the fashion shows was a blast; I understand why fashion designers can become so addicted to the rush of fashion shows.
Shortly after 9/11 I closed my showroom and began focusing more on photography. I didn’t want to become a “fashion photographer” but I knew somehow that my loves of fashion and photography would eventually merge. I just never guessed it would be in the form of a blog.
CONTINUED ON: http://www.thesartorialist.com/bio.html
____________________________________________________